There’s no more special time in the life of a new mama than seeing your baby for the very first time! But once that euphoria starts to pass and the reality of recovery sets in, you need to know the best tips for postpartum care to get you through those first weeks of recovery. Here are the most needed postpartum care items for a new mama.
Postpartum Care Needs For A New Mama
The items we’re talking about today are all available at Amazon, which is perfect for when you don’t feel like leaving the house. But if you prefer, look for them at your local stores as well. Here we go!
Perineal Care Items
Besides sleep, a new mama really needs help with perineal discomfort following a vaginal birth. Luckily, there are some wonderful items that you won’t want to be without!
- How do Frida Mom Instant Ice Maxi Pads sound? Pretty darn amazing, right?! You can’t help sighing with relief the instant it touches those tender tissues. These cooling pads also relieve swelling better than anything else.
- Hemorrhoids are a problem after birth, even though they are a TMI subject for many. All new mamas need to know that there is a product to help. A Sitz bath soak gently cleans and soothes hemorrhoidal tissues while they heal.
- Get a peri bottle designed for upside down, gentle cleansing of the perineal area.
As your abdominal and uterine muscles slowly return to pre-pregnancy size and location, extra belly support is extremely helpful. This is where a postpartum belly wrap comes in. It provides that extra support for your abdomen and back as everything goes back to normal. And believe it or not, it feels amazing!
Once the hospital-provided mesh panties give out, a new mama needs disposable underwear for continuing postpartum care. Don’t risk ruining your good underwear when disposables are available!
If you’re recovering and breastfeeding, it’s important to have postpartum care items on hand for those first few weeks of breast discomfort all new mamas experience.
- Organic Nipple Butter Breastfeeding Cream is a bestseller. No parabens, no petroleum jelly, and nothing harmful to baby.
- The Breast Therapy Pack from Lansinoh provides both hot packs to help your milk flow better plus cold packs to relieve engorgement pain.
Don’t forget that extra sleep and “me time” is also important for a new mama! Check out our best tips to help you find time to pamper yourself after baby comes.