This Christmas break, be prepared for the possibility of bored kids with ideas of things to do with them. Christmas break is a great time to capitalize on family time and make memories with your kids to last a lifetime. Here are 5 memorable things to do with your kids during Christmas break.
Things To Do With Your Kids During Christmas Break
Not everything you do with the kids during Christmas break has to fun and games. In fact, some of the things you can do involve organizing after the influx of new toys. Here are some ideas!
- If you live in a snowy climate, be sure to take time for winter sports during Christmas break. It’s the perfect time for skiing, snowboarding or sledding. If an ice skating rink is near your home, that’s a fun activity too.
- One family takes the opportunity to build a giant snowman every New Years Eve day–provided the weather cooperates. After your snowman building activity, head back inside for hot cocoa and a favorite family movie.
- After Christmas and before New Years is a great time to remember those who aren’t as fortunate. One of our favorite things to do with the kids during Christmas break is to head to a soup kitchen and help serve meals to the homeless. Another idea is to visit a local retirement home and entertain the residents.
- A favorite family tradition is to open a new puzzle and spend the lazy, cold afternoons putting it together. It’s especially fun to find a puzzle with special meaning to your family, such as a picture of a favorite travel spot or activity.
- Before Christmas, spend time collecting an assortment of new recipes the family wants to try. During Christmas break, take the kids shopping for the ingredients. Then spend time cooking and baking together and enjoying new foods!
Can you think of additional things to do with your kids during Christmas break?