Here are some cleaning hacks for car seats:
- Use a car seat protector. This is really a must, and you’ll be glad you have it when the inevitable nasty wet spill occurs. It also protects the vehicle seat from dirty shoes.
- Keep a small bag or basket in the backseat for garbage. This little “trash can” is a great way to help keep up on messes.
- Stash some baby wipes near the car seat to use in case of sticky messes. If your child is old enough, encourage him to use a wet wipe to clean his hands and face as needed.
- You should also keep a stash of sickness bags in the car, because you’ll never know when you might need one. They have saved my life as a mom more than once! This way, you stand a greater chance of not having to clean up a huge mess.
- To deodorize a stinky car seat, take it out of the car and let it sit in the sun for awhile. You can also help the process by misting the fabric cover with a homemade deodorizer. Mix 16 ounces of water with 10 drops of lavender essential oil + 10 drops of tea tree oil.
And there you have it! Now you have the tips you need for ease with cleaning car seats!