Here are some ideas to create a strong sibling bond:
- Notice the types of activities that tend to get your kids involved in playing and hanging out with other, and encourage more of those activities.
- On days that the kids aren’t getting along so well, suggest an activity that you know both of them enjoy. Or get them in the car with you to go and enjoy some time at the park.
- When one child has a game or recital or other event, make it a family event. This encourages all the siblings to support each other in everything they do.
- Give your kids projects or chores that need two or three of them to work together. This helps create a strong sibling bond as they help each other to accomplish a job.
- When your kids are playing happily together, don’t make them stop if you don’t have to! Let them play well together as often as they will.