It’s getting closer to the end of the school year, and that means it’s time for class party ideas. If you’re a room parent, we’ve got your back. These ideas will help you provide a fun end of the year party for your child’s class. The kids will be talking about it until next year!
End Of The Year Class Party Ideas
- The weather is usually nice, so move the class outside for a good old-fashioned water fight. Depending on your school rules, you could allow students to bring water guns, or provide water balloons and other toys for them to use. Include some carnival games and fun will be had by all!
- Here’s an idea to spark the children’s memories of the great year they’ve had. Ask the children to write down their favorite memory on a 3×5″ card. Put the cards in a basket and take turns drawing out a card and sharing the memory written on it. Encourage all the children to share.
- Take the class on a “field trip” outside. One teacher enjoys taking her class on a walk to a nearby park where they can play and enjoy a sack lunch from home. Invite plenty of moms to come along and help out.
- Visit the next grade! This is a fantastic way to celebrate “graduating” from one grade to the next, and gives the children a chance to meet the teachers for next year.
- Let the class make their own autograph books for class members to sign. Not every grade or school gets a yearbook, so this is a fun and inexpensive way to remember friends and keep in touch over the summer.
- Have the children write notes to the children who will follow them next year. This is a fun way for them to make note of what they enjoyed about that grade, while welcoming and encouraging the next year’s class.
These class party ideas don’t include a movie day, but that’s another idea you could include if the class requests it. And while school’s out, here are some ideas to keep your child reading over the summer. They’ll be that much better off when school starts again!