Let’s talk about spring activities for kids. Personally, spring is my favorite time of year! When spring comes, it’s time to get outside with the kids and enjoy the perfect weather. After being cooped up a lot of the winter, doesn’t it feel fantastic? Here are some awesome spring activities for kids. Parents can enjoy them, too!
Spring activities for kids
One of the best spring activities for kids is really anything that gets you all up and moving. This looks different for different families, but all you have to do is discover what outdoor activities everyone enjoys doing together. Here are some ideas:
- Ride scooters through your local park. But be safe and wear helmets!
- Fly kites. Breezy spring weather is perfect for this!
- Go on an evening walk as a family.
- Have a family nature scavenger hunt. Come up with a list of things for the kids to find, such as a robin’s egg, a daffodil, a pretty rock, or an animal track. Think about your area and what the kids should be able to spot during spring and include it on your list.
- Put together a picnic lunch to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.
- Let the kids start planning their own kids’ garden, or help with your family garden. Gardening is a great skill for kids to learn, and if you start young they will grow to love it as much as you do.
- Go to your local library and check out spring picture books to read on one of those rainy April days.
- Make birdhouses for the kids to hang outside and enjoy throughout the warm months.
- Along with birdhouses, make bird feeders. Bird watching is a fun hobby for the whole family.
- Visit Michaels to purchase supplies for the kids to make their fairy gardens. Kids of all ages have so much fun with this!
What other fun spring activities for kids have you tried? Please share with our readers in the comments. Thank you for visiting!