Today we’re talking backpack must-haves, and counting down to the one item every kid should carry. Whether you’re traveling or sending your kid off to school, he needs a backpack with some important essentials for success. Do you know what they are?
School backpack must-haves
The must-haves for a school backpack are pretty simple, and are pretty much the same for girls or boys. What are those must-have items?
- Make math more fun by including a child-friendly calculator.
- Girls love these nail polish highlighting markers. They might actually want to study for a change!
- Snacks in reusable storage bags are always a backpack must-have, whether for school or travel.
- Helping your kid stay healthy is a must! Include a water bottle and pocket-sized hand sanitizer in their backpack.
- The one item your kid needs in his school backpack? A thumb drive! We live in a technology-driven age, so kids need a thumb drive for easily storing and transferring papers and assignments between home & school.
Travel backpack must-haves
If you travel, your kid needs a backpack dedicated for traveling! This serves as his carry-on bag when you fly, and is necessary to hold whatever your kid might need during flights and layovers. What are these must-have items for a school-age traveler?
- Toys and books are incredibly helpful for travel. Your kid will be happier if he has something to keep him busy, especially during a long flight!
- Snacks are a necessary must-have. Who wants their kid crying from hunger during a flight? Be sure to pack his favorite on-the-go snack items, such as trail mix, granola bars, crackers-and-cheese packs, or sliced apples.
- Include a small bag of toiletries your kid might need during travel. This includes baby wipes, hand sanitizer, kids’ Tylenol, Band-aids, and a travel toothbrush and toothpaste.
- In case of lost luggage, the number one travel backpack must-have is a fresh change of clothes! You’ll want a fresh change in your own carry-on, and so will your kid. It just makes everyone’s life easier in case of trouble.