About Bath Time
Sponge baths are recommended for the first month with baby, until the umbilical cord is gone. After that you can make more of a splash.
- Set Up: Be sure to prepare the bath area before you bring baby over. Make sure there are no items within baby’s reach. But be sure that you have easy access to everything you need!
- Position: If you use a sink, face baby’s head away from the faucet.
- Temperature: Test the water temperature on the inside of your wrist. It should be warm but not hot.
- Cup: Use a plastic cup to help rinse soap off of baby. Be careful of her eyes.
- Timing: Notice how bath time affects your baby. If he gets energized with baths, plan them during the day. But if bath time relaxes him, plan them right before bed or nap time.