Before your child heads back to school, get him ready with these back to school tips that will help ensure a successful start. Back to school can be a time filled with stress and anxiety for a child, but with the right tips you can help relieve that stress or even prevent it before it starts. Here is what you should do to get ready.
Back to School Tips
There is much more to preparing for back to school than just buying new clothes and school supplies. Those things are important, but there are even better things you can do to prepare your child for a successful start. Here are the best things you can do to help your child be ready for school.
- Establish or get back to normal bedtimes. Summer often throws a wrench into your child’s normal bedtime. Beginning a couple of weeks ahead, have your child start going to bed earlier and getting up earlier.
- Start a school routine–have your child eat lunch at the time he’ll eat in school. Set times for after school screen times, play times, and practice routines.
- If your home’s homework station got lost in the summer hubbub, get it cleaned up and organized. Let your child help organize it so he’ll be more excited to use it. When homework hits, your child will be ready.
- Start lessening the time your child spends with electronics each day, and encourage him to read more books and spend some time outside. It also helps to try and reconnect with your child’s school friends before school starts.
- The morning of back to school, make it special with a healthy breakfast your child enjoys. And keep that going every day so your child’s brain is always powered up for learning.
- One of our favorite back to school tips is to involve the whole family in preparing. Go shopping together, have a special back to school dinner, or involve both parents in back to school night.
- Plan out your mornings and simplify your routine so everyone can get out the door faster.
With these back to school tips, you can help ensure a successful start for your child each and every year.