Daddy-daughter relationships are important, and one of the best ways to nurture that relationship is to have daddy-daughter dates. Why? Basically, children learn and do what they live in their every day lives. If they have a loving father, that really makes a positive difference in how they view men and men’s roles as they grow and go through life. So daddies, don’t ever doubt that your love and presence counts for a lot!
Here are some fun daddy-daughter day date ideas to help start you off:
- The easiest thing to do, no matter your daughter’s age, is to take notice of what she loves to do and then do it with her. If she loves playing basketball, play a simple game of horse. If she loves movies, take her on a movie date. Whatever it is she loves doing, show her you care by making time in your schedule to do it with her. If you need some date ideas, check out these ones listed below:
- A fun bike ride with a reward at the end–maybe her favorite treat or lunch in the park. Don’t forget to put safety first. Both of you wear bike helmets. You’ll set a great example for her to follow!
- Set a budgeted amount and go on a daddy-daughter shopping trip. If mom is a little weary of these, she will appreciate you going along instead! Sometimes even a teen girl appreciates her daddy’s opinion on the latest clothing fads.
- An afternoon of daddy-daughter cooking can equal an afternoon of pure fun and yummy food. I loved cooking with my daddy as a girl!
- Have you ever gone geo-caching? This is a fun thing to do for a daddy-daughter day date! Don’t forget to stop at Dollar Tree to find fun little things to leave behind.
- There are lots of fun pottery and ceramics studios popping up all over the place. Find one near you and book a time to go on a daddy-daughter day date of painting and creativity.
Be creative! Come up with your own daddy-daughter date ideas and spend some quality time with your daughter today. Have fun!